National Institute for Governance and Sustainable Development” (NIGSD) is a public economic organization, with advisory, training and research identity, supervised by the Minister for Planning and Economic Development. The Institute has changed its vision and trends to serve Egypt’s Vision 2030 and to promote the concepts of governance and good governance, based on the decision of the Council of Ministers on 12 August 2020, instead of being the National Management Institute.
NIGSD aims to facilitate procedures and develop rules for dealing with State institutions and bodies and to coordinate the relevant bodies at both the central and local levels, in accordance with the standards of good governance.The Institute will monitor and follow up Egypt national and international classification in Governance, Competitiveness and Sustainable Development. The Institute will be responsible for setting national strategy and action plan in coordination with different GOE agencies.
“National Institute for Governance and Sustainable Development” objectives include:
- Formulate National Governance, Competitiveness and Sustainable Development indicators.
- Release periodical Reports.
- Work towards raising/ upgrading the international classification of Egypt in international Governance and Competitiveness Reports.
- Build and Develop National Cadres.
- Provide consultancy and training services to private (Non- governmental) entities.
- Conduct research and statistical activities and surveys to enhance national knowledge in governance, competitiveness and Sustainable development, in partnership with national and international research organizations.
“National Institute for Governance and Sustainable Development” will coordinate with the related international governmental and non-governmental organizations to ensure effective communicationnecessary to benefit from their activities, as well as with international and regional issuers of governance and sustainable development indicators and related areas. The Institute utilizes experts, consultants and national and international expertise, develops specialized programmes to benefit from international experience and expertise and enhances the capacity and competence of the Institute’s staff and State administrative units in the areas of the Institute’s specialization in coordination with the Central Agency for Organization and Administration…
The Institute’s objectives include:
– establishing and operating an integrated information and data system,
-contributing to the development of operational programmes to maximize the use of large information technology and databases,
– developing and enhancing the efficiency of government administration through modern technological mechanisms and e-government applications,
– training and development, as well as promoting public participation in governance development and competitiveness through an electronic evaluation system linked to a centralized network where evaluation process should be based on international indicators standards,
– compilation and dissemination of all efforts and reforms undertaken by the Egyptian State, national and international actors, institutions and civil society organizations in the area of governance and sustainable development,
- Establish and manage interactive platforms, applications and social media platforms to provide data on Egypt classification in Governance indicators, efforts and enhancements as well as the Institute fields of work.
- Empower women and those of special needs.
- Support the implementation of Egypt Vision 2030.