To be a leading unit on the local, regional, and international levels in communication, raising awareness and understanding of governance, sustainable development and competitiveness.
Raising the awareness and defining the principles of governance, competitiveness, and sustainability on the community and institutional level. Enabling partnerships and the integration of efforts between the private sector, public sector, and civil society to promote Governance and sustainable development principles. The aim is to align efforts in achieving public interest, providing channels for monitoring and evaluation, and raising awareness of governance reforms.
Strategic Goals of the Unit
- Raising community awareness of the importance of governance, competitiveness, and sustainable development.
- Communicating and cooperating with regional and international institutions of governance and competitiveness.
- Drafting holistic strategies for promoting Egypt’s efforts in the fields of governance, competitiveness, and sustainable development both regionally and internationally.
- Enabling the cooperation between the public sector, private sector, and civil society in drafting policies related to governance, competitiveness and sustainable development.
- Public Sector
- Civil society institutions
- Investors and private sector
- International organizations Channels and mechanisms of conducting activities and events:
- The National Institute for Governance and Sustainable Development’s
(NIGSD) training platform.
- Seminars / Webinars
- Discussion Groups
- Round Tables
- Specialized studies/research
- Statistics and data analysis
- Groups & Committees
- Brainstorming sessions
- Peer Review & Experts meetings
In January of 2021 the Governance & Sustainable Development Communication and Awareness Unit of the NIGSD conducted the following activities:
- Held the first awareness session on governance for sustainable development. The session was attended by 25 civil servants.
- Held the second community dialogue session on the Citizen’s Charter in relation to the private sector and civil society. 70 people from the 2 sectors participated.
- Held the second awareness session on governance for sustainable development for 60 youth, participants.
- Held the third awareness session on governance for sustainable development for 65 participants from the civil society.
- Cooperate with UNCTAD United Nations Conference on Trade and Development youth center, to raise awareness of governance and sustainable development.
- Cooperation with the Ministry of Local development to raise local Staff awareness of governance and sustainable development.
- Preparing a draft MOU with GIZ on a vocational education program that is implemented by the Ministry of Education.